Phone war continues

My war with the phone company rages on. For readers not familiar with my war, I'll sum up. I see a charge from a company I have never heard of before, and under the Better Business Bureau website does not exist. Phone company says this charge came from another company billing through my phone service, therefore I must convince these scammers to remove the charge and cease billing me. Why would a scammer do that? I can not call these scammers because all I get a voicemail. When I emailed them I was told a complete stranger ordered it online, and since it is still on my bill this time they refuse my demand to cancel the service, which is a service I don't even receive. I am familiar with this stranger's name(s) because I hear many phone messages for this person. Employers, video stores with overdo rentals, and collection agencies have left many messages on my answering machine trying to contact this person.
I had to resort to threaten to cancel my phone service if this continues, which prompted the phone company to remove the charges from my bill. This month I requested a new phone number. I just had enough of this person with different last names with the same first name using my number. I had to call the water company so they would stop calling to inform them they had the wrong number for this person. I know this number change would only make this problem someone else's, but I can not take it anymore. I also asked if it was necessary to close my account and start another to permanently remove the scammers from my bill. Hopefully I can just get a new number and end this 3rd month war with the phone company. I know I am exhausted fighting, but have some tiger left.
One phone operator during the 1st month war actually told me to just pay the charges because this scammer I can't contact will keep billing me for this service. I am the wrong person to say that to. I will not be intimidated by anyone. Bullies in school and now bully customers find this out quickly. I am very sweet and shy among strangers, but do fight like a tiger when pushed around. In junor high, I chased a boy all around the gym after he whacked me with a towel. I was exhausted when I caught up to him and did not hit back very hard (my best friend said good girl), but made my point across that I am not bully bait, even if my shy nature gives that impression. I'll wait and see what the phone company has to say about my email. Post later. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called Rubbish

Looking for the Cat

New phone