Management secrets

Hey there. I had an ugly confrontation the other day with a customer demanding a privaledge I had no authority to give. I explained she would have to speak to management about getting this privaledge. When she came the next day, I heard that she did not take the denied request well and stated that it was not what she was told by me. Actually, I never guarenteed that management would grant her request. I simply meant that she would have to convince higher authority than me to get her wish granted. She failed. Though I am unsure which part of NO she did not understand the first time I said it.
Management Secret: There are hierarchies of management in every company I have worked for. Often the one who is said is a manager may actually be the person with most experience at the company physically present. I call myself a manager when I have the most experience or by myself. At this job and my prior job, the official manager gave permission to say that to whining customers since I am in charge for the moment. We noticed people suddenly shift from bitch to sweety real fast when they think they are talking to a manager. People who have the title supervisor or manager do not work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so we underneath them have to fill in so they can have a life outside work. In emergencies, we can call them at home. At one car rental every employee is offically titled as a manager. So anyway, I just hope I am in the cafeteria or restroom when this bitchy customer returns her car. I am sure she wants to scream at me for lying to her. And I am not allowed to say that it is not my fault she's stupid and won't take no for an answer. I hopes she does rent someplace else next time, she threatened that when she rented the car. Post later. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called Rubbish

Looking for the Cat

New phone