Had an audition to Assistant Teach with the lead instructor at the Pilates studio that is required to be a certified instructor (have to complete 34 hours). I gave a 20-minute private session with the lead instructor. I failed. I gave the directions for the exercise plan I created, but forgot about the spring changes, and then I failed to explain why we are doing these exercises (work the abs, squeeze those glutes). They concluded I need more practice teaching with people without any Pilates experience. Don't I have friends or family to ask? I explained I have asked everyone I know. Had 3 people lined up to do a session, and all 3 backed out on me. I need to start practice teaching classes as an apprentice instructor to complete the certification because nobody will be my practice client to complete my 70 hours of practice teaching. I can't be an apprentice instructor until I complete 10 hours of assistant teaching. Can't be an assistant teacher because nobody will let me practice teaching with them.
You know, I'm starting to think I will not be certified by January when the program expires. Just as well, since everyone around me is just waiting for me to fail again, like my business I had to close. Or self-publishing books to sell 3 copies. I'm just a loser who fails at everything I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment