Progress

My niece is making progress, she is crawling backwards. We have to motivate her by placing toys away from her. I entertained the baby by playing with the cat. Every time the cat caught the fur ball I was swaying, the baby burst out laughing. Such a happy baby.
I went to my brother's house to do my taxes. I trust his math skills more than mine. I get a refund, enough to pay for my TV and add to my IRA account. I have not put money in that for over a year. Too poor. On the news the legislature is trying to persuade young people to our state by forgiving state income taxes for people under 30. That would be nice if I was not turning 30 this year. Though they are forgetting one thing, young people usually get tax refunds while they work away at 20% tax level. I guess job fairs and governor trips are not working as they hoped. Iowa may be a great place to settle down and raise children, but a lousy place to hold a job that pays enough to live off of.
I showed off my new shawl to my brother. I almost forgot it and drove back home for it. My brother's house is freezing. I also used up my McDonald's gift certificates I got for Christmas, my brother does not keep plenty food for company. His meals are down to an exact science. He makes plenty of money, but cheap like Dad. I closely follow my Mom and sisters' attitude with money, It sucks to be poor. My brother constantly criticizes that I spend too much money. He even had the audacity to tell me that I made plenty money, yeah right. If I lived like a hobbit in the ground, chopped wood for heat, shopped at the welfare grocery store, darned my own socks, wore filthy shoes with big holes, and never buy brand new things, I would have a huge savings account with my paychecks too.
I watched TV this morning eating store brand cereal. They had a piece about making your kids grades from C's to A's. The expert said parents need to diagnose the problem and motivate with bribes. I can't really pin down my problem with math and science while excelling in English and social studies. Maybe some kids are not meant to be straight A students in everything and excell in sports also. I can not think of a single person who could do everything. Maybe the solution is figuring out that kids are not robots. I always did my best in school, which was never good enough for Mom. I did get my best report card in college. I think that happened because I starting taking classes I actually did well in and was interested in. My second best report card happened in 8th grade. That occurred when I stopped caring what my parents thought of my report card and excelled for my own pride in earning it. But then, what do I know? I am not the expert.
It is almost time for me to hop over to work. Post later. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called Rubbish

Looking for the Cat

New phone