Friday, September 18, 2026

Unreasonable Request

Nice. Roommate asked me to get a puppy for his girlfriend for her emotions. I said that if they can afford to care for a puppy, then they can find a new home. There are vet visits, licenses, picking up poop, food, water, grooming, leashes, and treats. Oh, he isn't talking about finances. Girlfriend needs an emotional support pet. I have 2 cats and 2 dogs, and she needs an emotional support pet. Again, no. Oh, her family had dogs and never took them to a vet or licensed them. Excuse me? I'm sorry; that offends me: not taking a pet to the vet, no vaccinations, and no license (what if it escapes and goes to the pound? That's why shelters do microchips). I know who is feeding this dog, and it isn't them. Naturally, he doesn't like my offended tone when he is asking nicely to go off how I'm a horrible person without friends. Ok, how about a guinea pig? Sure, a small rodent that stays in a cage, or Rufus will shake it to kill it. Doesn't require vaccinations or licenses.

When his girlfriend came up to use the bathroom, I tried to explain I had to say no. Roommate brought his ex's brother's dog and his ex's cat into this house without my permission or knowledge for several days until I viewed the animal in my house. They didn't buy food, I did. Once he woke me up and asked to take the dog to the vet to need a ride. I asked who was paying the vet. He said forget it. Apparently the dog was choking so he gave it some water and it was fine.

Two days ago he asks for $5 cause he is out of coffee and doesn't have the money. He needs money from me for gas to do food delivery. He wants me to pay for his car repairs. And he expects me to believe that HE would take care of this puppy and not cost me anything. If he can afford to take care of a puppy for his dysfunctional girlfriend who refuses to get help and can't do any job, then he can afford to get an apartment or hotel room.

No comments: