Monday, September 14, 2026

Question of Faith

Interesting. I have been asked if I go to church every Sunday and read the Bible every day because I believe those actions will get me into heaven. I said, No. I do those actions to be closer to God. I lost a job and stressed out over finances so yes, I turn to God to get me through my time of trauma. Jesus said works alone don't get people into heaven. You must have faith, plus God's love, grace, and forgiveness. When you have faith, it spills out into your actions, like being kind to those who don't always deserve it, reading the Bible, praying, wearing a cross, going to church, decorating the house for Christmas and Easter, etc. I'm not trying to buy my way into heaven by reading the Bible and attending church services. Ultimately, it's God's decision where my soul goes.

No comments: