Shock wearing off

Well, the shock of quitting is wearing off. Told people after being shouted at for 30 minutes, I quit just to leave the room. I understand how false confessions happen. The nice one told me she hopes I don't have a habit of quitting a job when it gets hard. No, I have never walked off a job in 26 years. I give notice. Not always 2 weeks notice, but never quit while on the clock. Toxic environments will do that to you.

Now I am depressed. I tried for 2 years to leave this hotel and my 2nd try to leave lands me back in the job I hate. I loved sitting at a desk and not talking to people, besides my managers training me. Now back to standing 8 hours straight (cause sitting looks lazy according to corporate office). When I first started we had 2 stools we sat on and a year later, they were gone. And I have to deal with customer complaints all day. I don't have a nametag so people don't know I AM IN CHARGE OF THE FRONT DESK. I answer to the senior supervisor and genral manager (and our new assistant general manager coming in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called Rubbish

Looking for the Cat

New phone