Poetry month

This month's Oprah's Magazine is about poetry. Most people who manage to read my poems hate them b/c they are so sad. Most poems that are written tend not to be happy: The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe, The Jabberwacky in Alice in the Looking Glass, Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost.

So here is a sample of my sad poems written in Winter 1997.

Where Is My Angel

My best friend gone for eternity
What will become of me
Who will hold my hand
When I can no longer stand
Where is my angel to hold me tight
How will I get through each night
My cries, no one hears
And nobody sees my tears
Where is my angel mama promised me
I need one now can't you see
Where is my angel for bad and for worse
I'm a shaky boat on an unknown course
Where is my angel before it's too late
How much longer must I wait
A hug good-bye is not enough
Moving on is very tough
Where is my angel to wipe away every tear
My angel is far from here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called Rubbish

Looking for the Cat

New phone