Christmas shopping

I went shopping for Christmas presents tonight. I checked out the Elmo doll aisle because my baby niece likes Elmo. I was a bit disappointed with the selection. Every doll and product with the character's face was a talking toy. I try to avoid glutting my niece's world with talking toys. Sure at her age (2) everything is shiny and new so hitting a button to get sound X is alright. She learns animal sounds and baby sounds that way and it also tests a child's memory. But talking toys also rob a child of their imagination, a extremely vital part of childhood. So far I'm not worried because often my baby niece is more fascinated by the box than the doll in it. I ended up getting an Elmo tree ornament and some books. She loves books too, especially me reading them. Post later. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called Rubbish

Looking for the Cat

New phone