Babysitting
Today I had to pull myself out of bed to babysit my niece at 2 today. The babysitter could not take her today. My sister is a school librarian and brother-in-law is a sports editor where he leaves in the middle of the afternoon and my sister returns at 5. He took a nap when I first got there so I was actually completely alone with her for over an hour.
We stayed quiet playing with baby's new Christmas toys. His family came over yesterday to exchange gifts. She got a new kitchen, wooden Classic Pooh blocks, and a rocking chair. My sister likes Classic Pooh. I like both. Everybody knows Disney puts out good cartoons. Dinnertime was a bit messy and wet, so we changed clothes. I'm sure I did not follow my sister's way of getting an outfit on, but I got on nonetheless.
When she got fussy, I read her books. Sometimes, she wants to sit in a lap. Later in the night, I did my sister's 4 baskets of laundry. She does so much for me, it was the least I could do. They were just sitting right there by the dryer. My sister gave crying baby to me while she fixed dinnner for baby (macaroni and cheese). I sang nursey rhymes and she calmed right down. I petted the cats til exhaustion. They need so much love.
Last night when I received my bad news, I did my best to hold it together at work and held back (and wiped away) a few tears. The dipshit I work with can't handle problems and I didn't want to have to call somebody to replace me a few hours before my shift was over. I do wonder if any of my customers knew I was upset. I cried on the way home. It was freezing last night when I got off work. I was glad I took out my tights from the drawer so I would remember to put them on. Then someone tells me some designer makes felt-lined pants. Can't afford new pants right now. Well better go. No more to say. Bye!
We stayed quiet playing with baby's new Christmas toys. His family came over yesterday to exchange gifts. She got a new kitchen, wooden Classic Pooh blocks, and a rocking chair. My sister likes Classic Pooh. I like both. Everybody knows Disney puts out good cartoons. Dinnertime was a bit messy and wet, so we changed clothes. I'm sure I did not follow my sister's way of getting an outfit on, but I got on nonetheless.
When she got fussy, I read her books. Sometimes, she wants to sit in a lap. Later in the night, I did my sister's 4 baskets of laundry. She does so much for me, it was the least I could do. They were just sitting right there by the dryer. My sister gave crying baby to me while she fixed dinnner for baby (macaroni and cheese). I sang nursey rhymes and she calmed right down. I petted the cats til exhaustion. They need so much love.
Last night when I received my bad news, I did my best to hold it together at work and held back (and wiped away) a few tears. The dipshit I work with can't handle problems and I didn't want to have to call somebody to replace me a few hours before my shift was over. I do wonder if any of my customers knew I was upset. I cried on the way home. It was freezing last night when I got off work. I was glad I took out my tights from the drawer so I would remember to put them on. Then someone tells me some designer makes felt-lined pants. Can't afford new pants right now. Well better go. No more to say. Bye!
Comments