New poem

As expected I write poems for lost loves so this one is befitting to dear old Daddy. Though I did write this one for my book of a wife missing her sailor husband, the point of the poem is someone is missing. It took a while to make it rhyme. Enjoy.

Untitled poem by Jordan Harvey

I dance to no music because the song is in my heart
It whispers a faint melody over mountains and streams
I sing to no music because it plays through the trees
Floating in the breeze in the forest of dreams
I tap a beat to create a sweet symphony
To soar over the sea enchanting every sun ray
I hum without rhythm because it echoes in my soul
It rides upon feathers and stars guiding the way
I pray for hope, for warmth, and for light
And all the resons we alone bide the cold night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called Rubbish

Looking for the Cat

New phone