Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to one and all. I went shopping for dinner with my family tomorrow. I have no time to cook so I buy from the bakery. I got fruit, pie, and cookies. Then watched TV until time to go feed my sister's cats. I left something in their stockings and wrapped up the cat gifts. Have to call tomorrow to tell my niece that I left cookie and milk for Santa on her behalf. I doubt she will notice the lack of dirty dishes in the sink.

I recall the time I believed in Santa. One year I heard a noise downstairs and ran down screaming "Santa!". It was my Dad coming home from work on the railroad. Another year I waited until everyone gone to bed and snuck down to hide in the closet. Heard a noise and cracked the door open to find my Dad taking off his shoes. I shut the door to have him open it again. I wanted to see Santa, I explained. Go to bed, he answered. I gathered my pillow and blanket in obedience while he turned away. I grabbed the door and locked it. He pounded on the door ordering me to come out or he will get the key to unlock it. I negotiated that I would unlock the door if he promised not the spank me. He promised and I went to bed. Then another I announced I was sleeping on the couch to see Santa come. After a big fight with my family how I will fall asleep and won't see him, my family got tired of arguing and went to bed. Of course I fell asleep and Mom came down after a while in her robe to check on me. I told her I was awake and she sat down on the couch with me. Then I woke up in my own bed. Another year I got up at midnight to see Santa's sleigh looking outside my window. I waited and waited, but saw nothing. Disappointed I went to bed.

But it didn't last. I started to notice Santa's gifts were wrapped in paper we bought the year before and then saw a price tag on a gift made in Santa's workshop. And then the heart breaking of finding my Santa gift under my Mom's dresser when I was looking for bows. But it upset my family asking if Santa was real so a couple years I pretended to believe setting out cookies and milk for Santa. Then I found my Santa gift under Mom's bed (I was searching this time) and later refused to leave cookies because there was no Santa. I asked later who had been eating the cookies and drinking the milk. Dad. I think it broke their hearts and Mom commented she needs to hide the presents better. This lead to carefully untaping my presents under the tree to see what I got and taping it back up, I replaced the tape if I ripped the paper. When my older nieces figured out there was no Santa, they asked if I believed in Santa. I always said, Yes, I'm Santa Claus and when you give a gift without expecting anything in return, you are Santa Claus too. I think they liked my answer better than, Sorry for lying to you all these years.

Merry Christmas. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's called Rubbish

Looking for the Cat

New phone