Never gives up
The bitch never gives up. Today my Mom presents to me a newspaper clipping about a new field of study called Museum Studies at the University of Iowa. She explains to me that possibly they have a correspondence course I can take online and get another job, at a museum. Perhaps I should explain that since the day I graduated college 8 years ago my Mom has pushed me to go back to college and get the degree she wanted me to get, not the one I actually got. I would think after 8 years, she would realize I am not going back to college. Obviously not.
I never realized how disappointed and ashamed of my car rental job she has been until now. I like my job and in no hurry to leave it. Godforbid I be allowed to do what I want. I am trying to write novels, but that is not working out very well as everyone else has hoped. People at work just can't understand why I hate my Mom so much. Let me try to explain by giving an example of Mom's idea of encouragement and support when I was depressed receiving book publisher #4's rejection slip: "At least you are having fun even if you never get published."
I should have never volunteered at a local museum last summer. I am giving her hope I'll trade a bad-paying job for another bad-paying job. I told her to toss the clipping saying I'm not going back to college. I gave up using my history degree a long time ago. 4 years of hell trying to please my parents was bad enough, I'm not going through that again. Mom will just have to be ashamed of me. Post later. Bye!
I never realized how disappointed and ashamed of my car rental job she has been until now. I like my job and in no hurry to leave it. Godforbid I be allowed to do what I want. I am trying to write novels, but that is not working out very well as everyone else has hoped. People at work just can't understand why I hate my Mom so much. Let me try to explain by giving an example of Mom's idea of encouragement and support when I was depressed receiving book publisher #4's rejection slip: "At least you are having fun even if you never get published."
I should have never volunteered at a local museum last summer. I am giving her hope I'll trade a bad-paying job for another bad-paying job. I told her to toss the clipping saying I'm not going back to college. I gave up using my history degree a long time ago. 4 years of hell trying to please my parents was bad enough, I'm not going through that again. Mom will just have to be ashamed of me. Post later. Bye!
Comments